Sunday, September 19, 2010

Why does a Flash Cookie from wildlifecontrolexperts.com keep getting set on my machine?

I use a Firefox Plug-In called Better Privacy, which I check regularly to keep track of -- and delete -- Flash Cookies which secretly try to track my browsing.

I noticed a few days ago that I keep on deleting a Flash cookie from wildlifecontrolexperts.com, but it keeps reappearing.

Anyone have any ideas? This one has me stumped, but I admit I have not spent much time investigating this. It doesn't appear to be overtly malicious... but I would sure love to know what keeps setting it.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks,

- ferg


Update: Sunday, 19 Sept. 2010, 10:29 PDT: Never mind. I figured it out... :-)

2 Comments:

At Sun Sep 19, 06:22:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://blog.jgc.org/2010/06/whats-wrong-with-flash-cookies.html

in case anyone else is wondering ;-)

 
At Mon Sep 20, 03:55:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fergie,
same problem here, but only thing I can find is your first post published on several websites all over the net.
Now would you mind posting _what_ you have figured out ;-). That would be really great.
Thanks in advance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home