Saturday, March 14, 2009

Goodbye, Blockbuster. Hello, Netflix.

The only thing Blockbuster had going for it was the neat-o, convenient feature where you could return your "by mail" rentals for free in-store replacements when you returned in person, instead of by mail -- and now they have gone and screwed that up, too.

I was kind of wondering why the guy at my local Blockbuster muttered to me last week that (paraphrased) "...you won't get the next DVD in your queue until you return this one..." -- referring to my in-store exchange selection.

Now I know.

They deviously changed their policy, and -- oh yeah, they didn't bother notify their subscribers. Their customers.

Isn't there a law against that or something?

No matter -- I have now canceled my online, by mail DVD rental subscription to Blockbuster, and subscribed to Netflix. It's cheaper anyways.

I'll keep my Blockbuster card, just in case I want to drop in sometime and pick up a DVD in person, but they just lost another customer due to idiot business practices and for their own stupidity.

$.02,

- ferg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home