Monday, August 04, 2008

Beware the Hype: Black Hat 2008

Robert Vamosi writes on C|Net News:

Black Hat 2008 is bigger, and some might say better. Occupying most of the third and fourth floors of the convention hall at Caesar's Palace, the conference started on Saturday with two and four day training sessions which continue through Tuesday.

The "public" part of Black Hat runs Wednesday and Thursday and features speakers in 15 separate tracks. One of the tracks will consist of Turbo talks of 20 minute each. After there will an opportunity for the audience to talk with some of the speakers in a another room.

More here.

Note: Yeah, sure it will be bigger, but somehow I doubt it will be better.

It will certainly be entertaining, no doubt.

But will it be groundbreaking?

Short answer: No, I don't think so.

I will not be at Black Hat/DefCon this year (I've been the past couple of years, but really -- I hate Vegas), but I will be covering any relevant security news coming out of there. So stay tuned.

- ferg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home