Monday, October 08, 2007

The Protect America Scam: An Open Letter to California Legislators

A copy of a message I have e-Mailed to:

Representative, and Chairwomen of the House, Nancy Pelosi
Representative Zoe Lofgren
Senator Diane Feinstein

Dear [Elected Official],

As a registered voter, and a resident of California, I am EXTREMELY concerned about the prospect of Democratic compromising on the "Protect America Act" -- I DO NOT want to see this travesty perpetuated without proper judicial oversight.

It is my fear that, unchecked, this could lead to a very troubling and corrosive imbalance in the checks and balances that frame the law of the land -- giving too much unchecked power to the executive branch and trivializing the need for oversight.

Please do not allow a compromise on this issue.

I can assure you that I will vote my conscience in the next term -- and will not vote for any legislator that compromises on this issue.

I beg you to not cave in on this important issue.

Respectfully yours,

Paul Ferguson
San Jose, California
California Resident, Voter, Constituent

I urge you to do the same. Now.

Before it is too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home