Thursday, June 08, 2006

Programming Note: Continual Critical Blogger Problems

...and it makes me want to scream.

Apologies -- I had a whole list of things to post this afternoon, and now most of them are lost. Blogger has been having severe problems the past couple of days -- and today's outage is perhaps the worst I've ever seen. And it just keeps getting worse, and longer.

I certainly hope this is not an indication of future service interruptions, or else I will be forced to consider moving the blog elsewhere -- this is just unacceptable. Not only do the Blogger people keep you in the dark about the status, but they usually just leave you hanging, with no status at all, and when status is finally posted -- it's posted late and with very little explanation or estimated time of repair. !%*^#$#

This is just infuriating. But I guess that's what you can expect from a free service.

Another unfortunate issue is that these Google Blogger folks don't offer any method to export my blog archives, so I'm kind of screwed in that regard.

I'm so disappointed.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Cheers,

- ferg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home