Saturday, May 27, 2006

Some Cell Phone Owners Spurn Gadgetry

Even though I own a Moto Razr (and a black one at that), I can relate to this article in a big way. I just want a mobile phone -- I can usually care less about snapping pictures or surfing the web from my cell phone.

And I don't really care to line the cell phone company executive's pockets with any more money by paying for services that I don't want, or need.

An AP newswire article by David Twiddy, via Yahoo! News, reports that:

Nathan Bales represents a troubling trend for cellular phone carriers. The Kansas City-area countertop installer recently traded in a number of feature-laden phones for a stripped-down model. He said he didn't like using them to surf the Internet, rarely took pictures with them and couldn't stand scrolling through seemingly endless menus to get the functions to work.

But the wireless industry needs him to be comfortable with advanced features and actively use them. As the universe of people who want a cell phone and don't already have one gets smaller, wireless carriers are counting on advanced services to generate the bulk of new revenue in coming years.

More here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home