Friday, May 05, 2006

Cingular Service Spotty in Central Texas After Storms

Tim Trentham writes on MetroBlogging Austin:

My wife and I haven't been able to call in or out on our cell phones for most of the afternoon and evening. The last incoming call I got was at 3:11. Tech support says there's something wrong, but can't say what or when it'll be fixed. On top of that, of course, our home phone is also out because of last night's storm. I think the power going on and off fried the telephone adapter for our VOIP service. This'll be the second one we've had to replace if I ever get cell phone service back long enough to call tech support and order one.

Isn't technology awesome?

Link.

Update: I can vouch for that -- my Cingular service is hosed, too. Trying to make a call at this hour results is what can best be described as a "cellular fast busy" -- network busy or unavailable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home