Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Aye, We Hardly Knew Ye: Brian McWilliams (Spam Kings) Moving On

I'm sorry to see Brian McWilliams shutting down the Spam Kings blog -- I have personally enjoyed Brian's exposès very much.

Today, Brian writes his last entry on the Spam Kings blog:

Three years ago, around the end of April 2003, I started getting hammered with annoying spams from a mysterious company called Amazing Internet Products, which was advertising human growth hormone, government grants, and penis pills.

Those hundreds of spams led me to write a couple articles in the summer of 2003 about Amazing Internet's amazing profits and the company's colorful co-founder, former neo-Nazi leader Davis Wolfgang Hawke.

My research eventually grew into my book Spam Kings, which was published by O'Reilly in October 2004. Around the same time, I launched this blog dedicated to the book and to news in the world of kingpin spammers.

I've enjoyed the past 18 months of trading notes about the spam scene. But due to the demands of a new (non-spam-related) job, I'm going to have to pull back from blogging and probably won't be posting any further updates. I'm also likely to disable comments and trackbacks, since I won't have time to clean up after the blog spammers.

More here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home