Saturday, December 17, 2005

To Tell The Truth: 'What Are the Blogs Saying About Me?'

It's refreshing to hear some truthfulness in the maintream.

Pamela Paul writes in The New York Times:

Almost every author I know with a new book does it - the embarrassing, nearly irresistible, ritualistic dip into Internet-assisted narcissism. I know I do. Prodded by a combination of curiosity and dread, I'll scour the Web not just to ascertain sales (impossible) or check out the press coverage, but to get a sense of what ordinary readers are saying about my book when they think I'm not listening.

Thanks to blog search engines like Technorati, IceRocket and Feedster, writers have easy access to the latest entries, where bloggers and their readers post both in-depth and off-the-cuff reactions to the books they're reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home