Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Publisher banned from Apple stores

Well, everyone else and their brother is writing about this, so I guess I should at least mention it.

First off, however, I should mention that I have co-authored a book (and contributed to several others) for this publisher, John Wiley & Sons. And kudos to my esteemed coauthor, Geoff Huston, for his patience and effort -- he certainly has had more success, and perhaps less aggravation, working & writing on other projects (Thanks, Geoff!).

In any event, it sounds to me like a protracted, juvenile reaction by Apple to something their Public Relations droids found "objectionable" (I hate that word -- it allows the people of this planet to really show how stoopid they really are -- euphemisms are tearing this world apart), and yanked their support for it at their leisure. Scumbags.

Here's perhaps the best existing "real" news story about the situation, on CNN/Money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home